- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- Pinch chili powder
- Pinch each salt, black pepper and ground cumin
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 cup minced white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- Drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Combine beans, reserved liquid, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cumin and hot pepper sauce in blender; process until smooth.
- Combine onion and garlic in nonstick skillet; cover and cook over low heat until onion is soft. Uncover and cook until slightly browned. Add chilies; cook 3 minutes more. Add bean mixture; mix well.
- Serve hot or cold with melba toasts or jicama; garnish with pepper strips, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 24 Appetizers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: < 1 grams
Sodium: 134 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams