- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 cup cold water or 1/2 cup vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain or garlic croutons
- Core and seed 1 tomato. Chop fine; set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients except the croutons in a blender or food processor. Blend only a few seconds, until the vegetables are finely chopped and well mixed. The soup should not be smooth.
- Add the reserved chopped tomato; chill. Serve very cold, topped with croutons.
Recipe Yield: 1 quart (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 621 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.