- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, white or black, toasted (15 mL)
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (5 mL)
- 1 tsp sodium-reduced soy sauce (5 mL)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (5 mL)
- In a large bowl, combine both cabbages, onion, carrot and sesame seeds.
- Prepare dressing by shaking together rice vinegar, canola oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and refrigerate before serving. Ideally, allow to stand in fridge for an hour or more to allow flavours to mellow. Re-toss before serving.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Much lighter than a classic coleslaw, this colorful salad offers tangy flavor and crunch. Enjoy as an accompaniment to grilled fish, chicken, tofu or pork.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings.Serving Size: 1/2 cup (125 mL)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 170 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.