- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, white or black, toasted (15 mL)
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (5 mL)
- 1 tsp sodium-reduced soy sauce (5 mL)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (5 mL)
- In a large bowl, combine both cabbages, onion, carrot and sesame seeds.
- Prepare dressing by shaking together rice vinegar, canola oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and refrigerate before serving. Ideally, allow to stand in fridge for an hour or more to allow flavours to mellow. Re-toss before serving.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Much lighter than a classic coleslaw, this colorful salad offers tangy flavor and crunch. Enjoy as an accompaniment to grilled fish, chicken, tofu or pork.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings.Serving Size: 1/2 cup (125 mL)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 170 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.