- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon no-salt lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- Spray a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat a gas grill to medium/medium-high or prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, with the rack placed 4 to 6 inches above the heat. Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, and its juices run clear, turning once. Keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring to dissolve any lumps, for 1 minute. Stir in wine and capers; cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Serve sauce over chicken.
Serving Size: 3-ounce half chicken breast plus 2 tablespoons sauce
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 243 milligrams
Cholesterol: 83 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
3 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.