- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds boneless corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 6 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, cut into 2-1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound savoy cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemon-Mustard Sauce (recipe follows)
- Position oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Heat oven to 350F.
- Place corned beef brisket in roasting pan; sprinkle garlic, contents of seasoning packet and peppercorns around brisket. Add water; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Braise in upper third of 350F oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, place carrots, parsnips and cabbage on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and ground pepper. Cover with aluminum foil. Roast in lower third of 350F oven with brisket 55 minutes. Uncover; continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown.
- Remove brisket from roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 of brisket (about 12 ounces), 3/4 cup each carrots and parsnips and 1/2 cup Lemon-Mustard Sauce for Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing.
- Carve remaining brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with remaining roasted vegetables and Lemon-Mustard Sauce.
- Lemon-Mustard Sauce: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; cool 1 minute. Stir in 2/3 cup dairy sour cream, 1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill and 1 teaspoon honey. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover; set aside.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 26 grams
Saturated Fat: 9 grams
Fiber: 5.5 grams
Sodium: 1682 milligrams
Cholesterol: 93 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.