- 1 boneless beef brisket, flat cut (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Heat oil over medium heat in stockpot until hot. Place brisket in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove brisket.
- Add onions to same pan. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Pour off drippings. Return brisket, fat side up, to stockpot. Add beef broth and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover tightly and simmer 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until reduced by half; stir in horseradish.
- Carve brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with horseradish sauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 0.7 grams
Sodium: 213 milligrams
Cholesterol: 99 milligrams
Protein: 57 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.