- 4 whole-wheat or oat-bran pita pockets (6-inch rounds)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 cup chopped canned or marinated artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the pitas on a large baking sheet and scatter a quarter of the sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts over each one, and top with some of the cheese.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Cut each pizza into 6 wedges and serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 24 appetizersServing size: 1 appetizer
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 82 milligrams
Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/3 Starch, 1/6 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.