- 4 whole-wheat or oat-bran pita pockets (6-inch rounds)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 cup chopped canned or marinated artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the pitas on a large baking sheet and scatter a quarter of the sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts over each one, and top with some of the cheese.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Cut each pizza into 6 wedges and serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 24 appetizersServing size: 1 appetizer
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 82 milligrams
Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/3 Starch, 1/6 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan