- 3/4 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup yogurt cheese **
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
** Place plain, nonfat yogurt into cheese cloth or a coffee filter. Place in strainer over a small bowl or cup. Allow to drain 2 to 24 hours, covered and refrigerated, until cheese reached desired consistency. Discard the whey (liquid). Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Preheat oven TO 350F. Spray 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Fill a 13x9x2-inch pan halfway with hot water.
- Place in oven on shelf below where chocolate cheesecake will be placed. This will prevent the top of cheesecake from cracking.
- In small bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Press onto bottom and part-way up sides of pan. Set aside.
- In food processor or blender, combine egg whites, sugar, ricotta, cocoa, yogurt cheese and vanilla; process, scraping sides occasionally, for 1 minute until smooth and thick. Pour into crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until filling is just set (center will jiggle slightly). Turn off oven and leave cake in closed oven 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool about an hour on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 140 milligrams
Protein: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
1 starch; 1/2 skim milk
Source: Cinnamon Hearts