- 1-1/4 pounds large scallops
- 8 pieces (1-inch each) red or yellow bell pepper
- 8 pieces (1-inch each) green bell pepper
- 8 frozen small whole onions, thawed
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes or Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large bowl along with the peppers and onions. Add the fines herbes or Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt, and olive oil and toss to mix.
- Thread a quarter of the scallops and vegetables onto four 14-inch skewers. (Leave a little space between the ingredients to ensure even cooking.)
- Coat a grill rack with olive oil and grill covered over medium coals for several minutes on each side, until nicely browned and the shrimp or scallops are cooked through. Alternatively, cook for several minutes on each side under a preheated broiler. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5.7 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.7 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 475 milligrams
Cholesterol: 47 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.