- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teapoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Lightly spray 12 muffin cups or line with paper-liners; set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, oil, applesauce, eggs and molasses in a large bowl. Combine flours, Equal, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture until all ingredients are just moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake in preheated 375 F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Pumpkin and chocolate are combined in these easy-to-make muffins.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 256 milligrams
Cholesterol: 35 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
2 starch, 2 fat