- 1 TURKEY BREAST (4-6 pounds)
- 2 Sprigs each fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme, or basil) OR 1/4 tsp. each dried herbs
- 4 to 6 Sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 Lemon
- Loosen skin on both sides of turkey breast, being careful not to tear. Leave skin connected at breast bone. Divide sprigs of herbs and parsley into two equal-size bundles. Stuff each herb/parsley bundle under loosened skin half.
- With fork, deeply pierce lemon several times and place in breast cavity. In 11-X 9-X 1-inch roasting pan place breast bone-side-up on meat rack. Bake at 325 degrees F. until breast meat reaches 170-175 degrees F. on meat thermometer. Allow to stand 10 minutes before carving.
- In a large measuring cup, drain liquid from pan. Set aside to allow fat to rise to top. Skim off fat and discard. Add squeezed juice from cooked lemon to defatted pan juices. For every cup, dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water. Stir into juices; bring to boil and cook one minute or until thickened.
- To serve, spoon gravy over sliced turkey.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 12
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 82 milligrams
Cholesterol: 96 milligrams
Protein: 37 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams