- 1 pound ground pork, lean
- 1 (15-oz) can chili beans, undrained
- 2 (14-1/2-oz) cans diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Cook ground pork over medium-high heat in 12-inch, nonstick skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking pork in to small crumbles.
- Drain and discard any juices.
- Stir chili beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cinnamon and oregano into pork in skillet.
- Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Uncover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency. If desired, season to taste with salt.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Sodium: 900 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.