- 1 pound ground pork, lean
- 1 (15-oz) can chili beans, undrained
- 2 (14-1/2-oz) cans diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Cook ground pork over medium-high heat in 12-inch, nonstick skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking pork in to small crumbles.
- Drain and discard any juices.
- Stir chili beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cinnamon and oregano into pork in skillet.
- Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Uncover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency. If desired, season to taste with salt.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Sodium: 900 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.