- 3 oz. (1 package, or about 30) sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 jars (7-oz. each) roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 4 oz. reduced-fat Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tabasco or hot chili pepper sauce, to taste (if desired)
- Soak dried tomatoes in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain well, reserving 3 tablespoons of the soaking liquid.
- In a food processor, puree red peppers, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, cilantro and scallion until smooth and well-blended. Add cream cheese and puree, adding enough of the reserved tomato-soaking liquid to thin the dip to the desired consistency (scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally). Blend until smooth. Blend in salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Adjust seasoning, adding more garlic, cumin, or lemon juice if needed.
- Transfer to a container with a cover. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before using. Bring dip to room temperature before serving.
- Serve in a small, attractive bowl placed in center of a large serving platter, surrounded with assorted cut-up vegetables and, if desired, baked tortilla chips.
Recipe Yield: Makes 10 servings (about 1/4-cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 303 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams