- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder, divided
- 8 ounces fresh button or shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (32-ounce) package reduced-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 8 ounces whole wheat udon noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook as specified on the package. Always cook to well- done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add to turkey 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder; stir. Remove turkey from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, add remaining oil. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and the liquid has evaporated.
- Add garlic and remaining Chinese five spice powder. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is softened and spices are fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, turkey and sweet chili sauce. Cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles or spaghetti according to package directions.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup of noodles into 6 bowls. Ladle 1 cup of soup into each bowl and sprinkle with green onion slices.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 390 milligrams
Cholesterol: 70 milligrams
Protein: 35 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.