- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder, divided
- 8 ounces fresh button or shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (32-ounce) package reduced-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 8 ounces whole wheat udon noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook as specified on the package. Always cook to well- done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add to turkey 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder; stir. Remove turkey from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, add remaining oil. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and the liquid has evaporated.
- Add garlic and remaining Chinese five spice powder. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is softened and spices are fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, turkey and sweet chili sauce. Cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles or spaghetti according to package directions.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup of noodles into 6 bowls. Ladle 1 cup of soup into each bowl and sprinkle with green onion slices.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 390 milligrams
Cholesterol: 70 milligrams
Protein: 35 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.