- 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup raisins, dark or golden
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup celery, or fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange rind-grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Put the wild rice in a saucepan.
- Add the water and raisins and cook over medium heat for 1 hour, or until the rice is tender. Drain.
- Saute the onions and celery (or fennel bulb) in the oil until tender.
- Add the cranberries, orange rind, thyme and rice.
- Serve as a side dish; this stuffing goes great with poultry dishes such as cornish game hen, as well as lighter pork dishes such as pan seared pork loin.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 111 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams