- 1 refrigerated fill-and-bake pie crust (7 to 7-1/2 ounces)
- 4 ripe plums (about 1 pound total), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the prepared pie crust into a 9-inch-diameter tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the crust against the fluted edge and trim off any pastry that extends over top. Discard any extra dough and trimmings (about 1 ounce).
- Bake the crust only 5 minutes, until it is set but not brown. Cool on a rack.
- Arrange the plum slices in overlapping circles to cover the bottom of the tart shell.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, fat-free sour cream, and flour until smooth. Pour the custard over the plums; it should fill the spaces between the plums.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 18 to 20 minutes, until the custard is set and the edges are slightly browned. Cool and cut into 8 equal slices.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 1 tart (8 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 166 milligrams
Cholesterol: 58 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes