- 1 refrigerated fill-and-bake pie crust (7 to 7-1/2 ounces)
- 4 ripe plums (about 1 pound total), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the prepared pie crust into a 9-inch-diameter tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the crust against the fluted edge and trim off any pastry that extends over top. Discard any extra dough and trimmings (about 1 ounce).
- Bake the crust only 5 minutes, until it is set but not brown. Cool on a rack.
- Arrange the plum slices in overlapping circles to cover the bottom of the tart shell.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, fat-free sour cream, and flour until smooth. Pour the custard over the plums; it should fill the spaces between the plums.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 18 to 20 minutes, until the custard is set and the edges are slightly browned. Cool and cut into 8 equal slices.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 1 tart (8 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 166 milligrams
Cholesterol: 58 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.