- 2 cups finely ground low-fat graham crackers
- 1/2 cup finely ground gingersnaps or low-fat graham crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dried apples
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Combine graham cracker and gingersnap crumbs and spices in medium bowl. Finely chop fruit in food processor, using pulse technique, or by hand; add to crumb mixture.
- Add orange juice and honey to fruit mixture, stirring until mixture holds together. Roll into 36 balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Measure 1 tablespoon sugar into large plastic bag; add 1 dozen nuggets and shake to coat with sugar. Repeat with remaining sugar and nuggets. Store in covered container at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 36 Nuggets (1 per serving)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.5 grams
Sodium: 29 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Bread
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.