- 20 medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 20 (3-inch) wooden skewers or long toothpicks, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Combine shrimp, garlic, ginger, red pepper, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Skewer 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Serve chilled.
Note: You can marinate shrimp up to 6 hours in advance; skewer shrimp up to 3 hours in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings (appetizer)``Serving size: 2 skewers
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.5 grams
Sodium: 5 milligrams
Cholesterol: 18 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
1/2 Very Lean Meat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.