- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound lean round steak, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1-2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt Mixture
- 2 ounces tomato paste (or substitute 1 peeled tomato, cut up)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- In a large, heavy soup pot sprayed with non-stick spray, stir-fry onion and garlic until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside. Re-spray pot with non-stick spray and brown beef cubes over medium-high heat.
- Add cooked onion and garlic to pot. Add water, bouillon cube, paprika, Morton Lite Salt Mixture and tomato paste or tomato. Cover and simmer for 4 hours. Add potato and simmer for 15 minutes longer.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 290 milligrams
Cholesterol: 23.4 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1 Lean Meat, 1/2 Bread/Starch
Source: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook
Book Title: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.