- 1/2 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 2 mangoes (or 2 papaya or 6 nectarines), peeled and diced small
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup finely-minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp. rice vinegar, or to taste
- Place chopped onion in a heatproof bowl (e.g. Pyrex) or measuring cup and add boiling water to cover. Let stand for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, mix fruit and juice in a large bowl. Add cilantro and vinegar and mix well.
- Drain onion and add to fruit mixture, mixing well. Taste, adding more vinegar and/or juice if desired.
- Salsa may be served immediately or can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator 2 to 3 days.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Protein: 0.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.