- 1 bone-in sirloin pork roast, about 4 pounds, boned and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, deribbed, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large sweet onions, such as Walla Walla or Vidalia, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 12 (12-inch) skewers , soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Indian Spice Paste:
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make Indian spice paste, place garlic in food processor and process until minced. Add spices, lemon juice, oil, and water. Process until thoroughly combined.
- Place pork in large self-sealing plastic bag. Pour paste over pork and mix pork with paste until pork is evenly coated. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium high. Thread pork onto skewers, alternating with pieces of red pepper and onion. Spray grill grate with vegetable oil spray. Grill kabobs directly over medium-hot fire, turning to brown evenly on all sides, for total of 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to warm platter or individual dinner plates and serve.
These delicious, colorful kabobs are terrific served with a medley of grilled vegetables. The Indian spice rub can be made several days in advance. Place in a covered jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Serves 8-10.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 420 milligrams
Cholesterol: 80 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.