- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 pound turkey breast cutlets, diced
- 1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 large (10-inch) flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into strips
- 1 cup red, green or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine lime juice, garlic and jalapeno in a bowl. Add turkey, turn to coat and set aside.
- Purée yogurt and cilantro in food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. (Sauce can be made ahead if refrigerated until ready to use. Remove from refrigerator early enough to bring sauce to room temperature before using.)
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven until warm, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat until very hot. Add oil and tilt pan to coat evenly. Add turkey and stir-fry, stirring constantly, until cooked through and lightly browned. Transfer to a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On each tortilla, place a layer of shredded Romaine, and one-sixth of the turkey and the peppers. Add a spoonful of cilantro-yogurt sauce. Fold tortillas around filling and place on a serving platter. Serve with yogurt-cilantro sauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 fajitas, 6 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 238 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
1-1/2 Bread/Starch, 3 Low-fat Meat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.