- 1/2 (1.1 ounce) package mesquite marinade mix for the grill
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in or boneless pork chops, trimmed of all fat
- 1 large sweet onion (Walla Walla or Vidalia), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, combine marinade mix, water, and oil, and mix well with a fork. Add pork chops and onion rings. Turn to coat, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook, spray a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat a gas grill to medium or prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, with the rack placed 4 to 6 inches above the heat.
- Remove pork chops and onion rings from marinade, reserving the marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place pork chops and onion rings on the grill rack and grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in the center, turning once and brushing frequently with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 256 milligrams
Cholesterol: 75 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
3 Medium-Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.