- 1 pound salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon no-salt chili powder
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced fresh cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x9-inch baking pan with olive oil cooking spray. Place salmon fillets in the pan in a single layer and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Spray fillets lightly with cooking spray and bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or the thickest part of fillet is translucent.
- Meanwhile, mix pineapple, cantaloupe, red bell pepper, vinegar, cilantro, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Set aside. Top each fillet with 1/2 cup salsa and serve.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Glycemic Index: 50, Glycemic Load: 5, Dietary Fiber: Less than 1 g
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 68 milligrams
Cholesterol: 96 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
4 Lean Meat, 1 Fruit
Source: Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.