- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce (45 mL)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes (1 mL)
- 6 tuna steaks (6 oz/170 g each), rinsed and pat dry
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (2 mL)
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, canola oil and pepper flakes. Place tuna steaks and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of soy sauce mixture in a large, resealable plastic bag. Turn bag several times to coat tuna steaks. Refrigerate no longer than 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Coated with cooking spray over high heat. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine cilantro, basil, lime juice, vinegar and garlic.
- Remove tuna from bag, discarding any leftover marinade, and grill tuna for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until very pink in center (internal temperature of 145F/65C). Do not overcook tuna or it will become tough. Serve with remaining soy sauce mixture and top with equal amounts of cilantro mixture.
Tuna is a very lean fish and will dry out if overcooked! Cook to an internal temperature of 145F. Serving size: 4-1/2 oz (130 g) tuna and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cilantro mixture.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 240 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.