- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce (45 mL)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes (1 mL)
- 6 tuna steaks (6 oz/170 g each), rinsed and pat dry
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (2 mL)
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, canola oil and pepper flakes. Place tuna steaks and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of soy sauce mixture in a large, resealable plastic bag. Turn bag several times to coat tuna steaks. Refrigerate no longer than 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Coated with cooking spray over high heat. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine cilantro, basil, lime juice, vinegar and garlic.
- Remove tuna from bag, discarding any leftover marinade, and grill tuna for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until very pink in center (internal temperature of 145F/65C). Do not overcook tuna or it will become tough. Serve with remaining soy sauce mixture and top with equal amounts of cilantro mixture.
Tuna is a very lean fish and will dry out if overcooked! Cook to an internal temperature of 145F. Serving size: 4-1/2 oz (130 g) tuna and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cilantro mixture.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 240 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.