- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas (8 to 9-inch rounds)
- 1 cup ready-made hummus
- 1 small carrot, shredded with a potato peeler
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 12 thin slices peeled cucumber
- 16 young tender spinach leaves or 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions. Lay the tortillas on a flat surface and spread the lower half only of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the hummus.
- Top the hummus on each tortilla with a quarter of the carrots, onion rings, cucumber slices, and spinach or sprouts, leaving a 1-1/2 inch margin on the right and left sides.
- Fold the right and left margins in, then roll each tortilla up from the bottom to enclose the filling. Cut each warp in half and serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8.6 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 6.7 grams
Sodium: 625 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2-1/2 Starch, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan