- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas (8 to 9-inch rounds)
- 1 cup ready-made hummus
- 1 small carrot, shredded with a potato peeler
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 12 thin slices peeled cucumber
- 16 young tender spinach leaves or 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions. Lay the tortillas on a flat surface and spread the lower half only of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the hummus.
- Top the hummus on each tortilla with a quarter of the carrots, onion rings, cucumber slices, and spinach or sprouts, leaving a 1-1/2 inch margin on the right and left sides.
- Fold the right and left margins in, then roll each tortilla up from the bottom to enclose the filling. Cut each warp in half and serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8.6 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 6.7 grams
Sodium: 625 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
2-1/2 Starch, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.