- 4 large ripe peaches
- 2 cup plus 2 tablespoons raspberries
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons non-fat dry milk powder plus water to make 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened grape juice
- Blanch peaches by dropping them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove, run under cold water and peel off skins. Cut in half, discard pits and place 2 peach halves on each of 4 individual dessert dishes.
- Puree raspberries with remaining ingredients, reserving 2 tablespoons of berries for garnish.
- Spoon puree over peaches, top with berries and serve cold.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 50 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
1 Fruit, 1 Milk
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine