- 2 acorn squash (about 3/4 pound each)
- 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits in their own juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Cut squash in half. Scoop out and discard seeds. Put squash halves cut side up in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture into each squash cavity. Carefully pour a small amount of water around each squash. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 24 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread/Starch; 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit
Source: American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: American Heart Association Cookbook