- 3 pounds Shoulder Steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups no-salt added roasted tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) no-salt added black beans, rinsed, drained
- Guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped purple onion, chopped tomato, shredded cheese
- Cut beef steaks into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in three batches. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, bell pepper and onion to same stockpot. Cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to stockpot.
- Add salsa, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in beans; cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until beans are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili in bowls. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 264 milligrams
Cholesterol: 78 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams