- 3 pounds Shoulder Steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups no-salt added roasted tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) no-salt added black beans, rinsed, drained
- Guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped purple onion, chopped tomato, shredded cheese
- Cut beef steaks into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in three batches. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, bell pepper and onion to same stockpot. Cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef and accumulated juices to stockpot.
- Add salsa, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in beans; cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until beans are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili in bowls. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 264 milligrams
Cholesterol: 78 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.