- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves or 6 skinless chicken thighs (1-3/4 to 2 pounds)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the yogurt, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic in a large bowl; mix well. Coat the chicken with the mixture. (The chicken may be covered and refrigerated overnight or baked immediately.)
- Prepare a shallow roasting pan or jelly roll pan with a nonstick pan spray. Combine the bread crumbs and margarine in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken with the crumbs; place in the pan.
- Bake breasts for 25 minutes, thighs for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 721 milligrams
Cholesterol: 69 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
1 Starch, 3 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People With Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People With Diabetes