- 1 pound 96% lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat or white hamburger buns, split
- Combine cabbage and 1 tablespoon lime juice in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, green onion, ground ginger and hot sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, hoisin sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and sesame oil in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place 1 burger on bottom half of each bun; top evenly with peanut butter mixture and cabbage mixture. Close sandwiches.
A unique hamburger topped with the flavors of Thailand, including peanut butter, lime juice and hoisin sauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Sodium: 416 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.