- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2/3 cups Isomalt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups dry rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped English Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan melt the margarine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and Isomalt together. Add the chopped dates. Pour this mixture into the saucepan with the melted margarine. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is very thick. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal, nuts and vanilla extract. Allow mixture to cool to lukewarm, or until it can be handled comfortably. Form into 1" balls. Roll the balls in the shredded coconut. Refrigerate to set.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 80 (Serving = 1 piece)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.83 grams
Sodium: 5.76 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5.33 milligrams
Protein: .41 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
1/4 Starch/Bread; 1/4 Fat
Source: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
Book Title: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook