- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup trans-free margarine
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat several cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray. On a sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt. Stir with a fork to blend. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat margarine until smooth. Add SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend, molasses, and egg white. Mix slowly to incorporate, then beat until smooth. Gradually stir in the reserved flour mixture until well blended. Dough will be soft but not sticky.
- Using your palms, roll dough into 3/4-inch balls (1 level teaspoon). Place, separated, on prepared pans. Use the back of a fork to press down on tops of cookies in an X, making a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until edges are set. Let stand on the sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool. Continue until all the dough is baked.
This whole grain cookie, with the rich flavor of dark molasses, goes great with a glass of cold milk.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 23 servingsServing size: 3 cookies
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 130 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.