- 1 package Dreamfields Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 can (28-ounces) Italian plum tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and onion for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add peppers, capers, olives, chopped tomatoes and parsley. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Toss pasta with sauce until linguine is evenly coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Fragrant red ripe Italian plum tomatoes give this sauce its wonderful flavor. The red peppers balance the tart and sweet tomatoes with a little heat.
Recipe Yield: Serves 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 564 milligrams
Cholesterol: 6 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams