- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (8 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (about 1 ounce) grated or shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (2-oz) fat-free or reduced-fat potato chips, coarsely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Mix all the ingredients except the cheese and potato chips in a large bowl. Turn into the casserole. Top with the cheese and crushed potato chips.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the salad is hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4-1/2 cups (6 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 439 milligrams
Cholesterol: 43 milligrams
Protein: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.