- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3-1/2 cups beef stock
- 1/3 cup barley
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 oz. stewing beef, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In large non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add stock, barley, potatoes and beef; cover, reduce heat and simmer approximately 50 minutes or until barley and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 1009 milligrams
Cholesterol: 13 milligrams
Protein: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
1-1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Medium Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.