- 4 fresh California King Salmon fillets (six-ounce)
For Balsamic Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3/4 lbs.(about 4 cups) broccoli florets with 2-1/2 inch stems
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Set the fillets aside.
- Prepare Balsamic Marinade: In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, black and red pepper. Remove 1/4 cup marinade to baste the salmon while grilling or broiling.
- For Vegetables: Steam broccoli about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl with tomatoes, onions, capers, basil, and dill. Pour remainder of marinade over the vegetables in a bowl and marinade.
- To Finish: Grill or broil salmon and serve fish over room-temperature vegetables (prepared above).
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 24 grams
Sodium: 487 milligrams
Cholesterol: 84 milligrams
Protein: 50 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Source: California Salmon Council