- 4 cups bottled pomegranate juice
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package SURE-JELL* For Lower Sugar Recipes Fruit Pectin
- 1-1/2 cups Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Fill boiling-water canner half full with water; add jars and water to cover. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Place lids in water to cover in a small saucepan; bring water to a simmer. Simmer until ready to use. Remove and drain jars and lids, one at a time, as needed for filling.
- Combine pomegranate juice and pectin in a large saucepan; stirring until pectin dissolves. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Bring pomegranate juice mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesnâ€™t stop bubbling when stirred) over medium-high heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add Splenda Granulated Sweetener stirring until Splenda Granulated Sweetener dissolves. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jelly immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing center of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.) Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year. Once opened, store refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.
Note: If using a pectin product with separate pectin and calcium packets, follow the package directions to mix calcium water. Use 4 teaspoons pectin powder and 4 teaspoons calcium water. Follow package directions for preparing recipe.
Bottled pomegranate juice makes takes the work out of making this exotic ruby red jelly. Make an extra batch for holiday giving.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Yield: Servings: 48Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Sugars: 10 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.