- 16 ounces Dreamfields Penne Rigate (one box)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 small Thai peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber (1/3-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup hearts of palm in brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook mint, peppers and cilantro 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cucumber, hearts of palm, 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts and lemon zest. Pour in water, soy sauce and lemon juice. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to pan. Toss well and cook 3 minutes longer over high heat. Top with garnish of cilantro and peanuts.
Thai peppers are tiny, spicy and full of flavor. If you would like to bring down the heat a bit in this dish omit a portion of the peppers. If you like it spicy, two of these firecrackers are quite a kick.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 378 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.