- 16 ounces Dreamfields Penne Rigate (one box)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 small Thai peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber (1/3-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup hearts of palm in brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook mint, peppers and cilantro 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cucumber, hearts of palm, 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts and lemon zest. Pour in water, soy sauce and lemon juice. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to pan. Toss well and cook 3 minutes longer over high heat. Top with garnish of cilantro and peanuts.
Thai peppers are tiny, spicy and full of flavor. If you would like to bring down the heat a bit in this dish omit a portion of the peppers. If you like it spicy, two of these firecrackers are quite a kick.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 378 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.