- 3 boneless pork chops, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 14 1/2-oz cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwis & sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a plastic or paper bag combine flour, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add pork cubes; shake until coated with flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and green pepper until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add pork, cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, basil and oregano; bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon stew into individual soup bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 557 milligrams
Cholesterol: 31 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.