- 4 large sweet peppers (combination of green, red and yellow)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On baking sheet, bake whole peppers for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until blistered and blackened. Place in paper bag; seal and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel off charred skin from peppers; cut off tops and bottoms. Remove seeds and ribs; cut into 1 inch wide strips and place on serving platter.
- Mix oil with garlic; brush over peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 30 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetables, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook