- 3 cans (14-ounces each) fat free, less salt (or lower sodium) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10.75-ounces each) low sodium, condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ripe California avocado, seeded, peeled and cubed (Reserve 8 cubes for garnish)
- 8 corn tortilla chips, crumbled
- In a large pan combine chicken broth, soup, cilantro, garlic, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, decrease heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, and puree in batches in a blender.
- Return to pan, add avocado cubes and heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with reserved avocado cubes and crumbled tortilla chips.
Serve with a crisp salad for a soup-and-salad meal.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 383 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Source: © Courtesy of California Avocado Commission.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.