- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops or shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 papaya, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into large squares
- In a medium bowl, combine the sherry, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, and pineapple juice concentrate. Add the shrimp or scallops. Let the shellfish marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Prepare an outside grill or oven broiler by placing the rack 6 inches from the heat source. Remove the shrimp or scallops from the marinade. Reserve the remaining marinade. Thread the shellfish onto wooden skewers and alternate them with the mango, papaya, and red pepper.
- Place the skewers on the grill and frill for about 5 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade.
Recipe Yield: Serving Size: 2 (7-inch)kabobs or 1 (12-inch) kabob ``Total Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 429 milligrams
Cholesterol: 95 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
2 Very Lean Meat, 1-1/2 Fruit
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible