- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons margarine, divided
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 cups cubed portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyere, or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Saute shallots in 1 teaspoon margarine in large saucepan until tender. Add potatoes and broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Process mixture in blender or food processor until smooth; return to saucepan.
- Saute mushrooms in remaining 1 teaspoon margarine in large skillet until wilted and golden brown, about 8 minutes; stir into potato mixture. Heat to boiling; remove from heat and add cheese and wine, stirring until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 114 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7.8 milligrams
Protein: 5.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.