- 1/2 cup stick margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-sugar cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the pargarine. Add the sugar and stir until smooth and slightly cooled, 2 minutes. Blend in the egg. Add the cocoa, vanilla, baking powder, and baking soda; stir until the cocoa is fully incorporated, 1 minute. Add the flour and stir just until smooth, 1 minute.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and top evenly with pie filling. Bake until the top becomes slightly crusty, 8 to 10 minutes, then sprinkle on the chocolate chips. bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs, about 8-10 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 93 milligrams
Cholesterol: 13 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Source: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.