- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4 oz.) cod fillets (haddock, halibut, or catfish may be substituted)
- 2 Tbsp. Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, coarsely chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Heat garlic until light golden brown. Add onion, bell peppers, raisins, vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and vegetables are tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Set aside, but keep warm.
- Spray shallow baking dish and place fillets in it. Brush the fish with remainder of oil. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for approximately 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Spoon onion mixture over fish before serving and sprinkle with basil.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 230 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams