- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup fruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon very strong coffee or espresso, prepared
- 24 pecan halves
- Prepare pastry and place in 9" pie pan.
- In large bowl, combine fruit sweetener, cornmeal and applesauce.
- Beat with an electric mixer.
- In a small bowl, blend water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to fruit sweetner mixture and blend.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla and coffee.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Decorate top with pecan halves.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until custard is set, at 375F.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 10
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 69 milligrams
Cholesterol: 82 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread, 1 Fruit, 2 Fat