- Garlic-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds greens, washed, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onion and garlic until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add greens and water to saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until greens are wilted and tender, about 5 to 8 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Kale, collard, turnip, or beet greens are excellent choices for this quick-and-easy healthy vegetable.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.7 grams
Sodium: 43 milligrams
Cholesterol: 53.3 milligrams
Protein: 5.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes