- Garlic-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds greens, washed, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onion and garlic until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add greens and water to saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until greens are wilted and tender, about 5 to 8 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Kale, collard, turnip, or beet greens are excellent choices for this quick-and-easy healthy vegetable.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.7 grams
Sodium: 43 milligrams
Cholesterol: 53.3 milligrams
Protein: 5.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.