- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 3-4 teaspoons rice wine (sake) or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, cooked until crisp-tender, chilled
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, and gingerroot until smooth.
- Arrange asparagus on serving platter, spoon peanut sauce over.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.3 grams
Sodium: 246 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
3 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.