- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Baked tortilla chips
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onions and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Process black beans, cheese, and salt in food processor or blender until almost smooth, adding enough broth to make desired dipping consistency. Mix in onion mixture and cilantro.
- Spoon dip into bowl; serve with tortilla chips (not included in nutritional data).
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 Servings (about 2 tablespoons each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.8 grams
Sodium: 254 milligrams
Cholesterol: 3.8 milligrams
Protein: 4.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes